Motorcyclists injured in crashes caused by the negligence of a vehicle driver or other entity may be entitled to compensation for injuries, property damages, and other losses.
Unfortunately, bias against motorcyclists can make it difficult for motorcycle accident victims to get the compensation they need and deserve. An experienced motorcycle accident attorney can help level the playing field.
Bias against bikers can make things difficult in numerous ways throughout the course of a motorcycle accident case. Common examples of bias include:
- Presumption of liability. Law enforcement officers, insurance adjusters, and juries may presume that a motorcyclist is responsible for the accident and their injuries, based on stereotypes of riders being reckless outlaws who don’t follow the rules of the road.
- Low-ball settlements offers. Stereotypes about motorcyclists and the presumption of liability may lead insurance adjusters to offer painfully inadequate settlement amounts.
- Fewer damages. In cases that go all the way to trial, juries may award injured motorcyclists fewer financial damages compared to a car accident victim with similar injuries.
However, this bias is far from insurmountable. Personal injury attorneys with extensive experience handling motorcycle accident cases can break through this barrier by gathering and presenting important evidence that strengthens their client’s claim, such as:
- Photos or videos of the accident scene
- Photos or videos or injuries and property damage sustained in the accident
- Medical records documenting the motorcyclist’s accident-related injuries
- Motorcycle repair or replacement estimates or receipts
- Witness statements
- Testimony from expert witnesses, such as accident reconstructionists
Consult an Experienced Motorcycle Accident Attorney
If you were injured in a motorcycle accident caused by someone else’s negligence, you need a skilled personal injury attorney who understands the issues that riders face when seeking the compensation and justice they deserve.
The accomplished legal team at the Accident and Injury Law Group helps clients in situations similar to yours successfully resolve their claims. Contact us today to schedule an appointment for a free initial consultation to find out how we can assist you.